Posts for: September, 2016
September 12, 2016
Common Symptoms of Sleep Disorders:
- Excessive daytime sleepiness or fatigue
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- Difficulty concentrating
- Mood swings
- Lack of energy
Tips to Improve Sleep & Reduce Daytime Sleepiness:
- Turn off devices at least an hour before bed, especially those that are held close to the face, such as a phone, tablet or laptop.
- Sleep in a cool, dark room.
- Do not let animals sleep on the bed.
- Relax before bed, do not work until bedtime. It is important to separate the work day and bedtime.
- Exercise -- exercise improves sleep, but do not exercise too close to bedtime because the body needs time to cool down and relax after exercise.
- Limit afternoon and nighttime caffeine.
- Routine -- waking and going to sleep at the same time each day establishes a normal sleep schedule.
- Avoid alcohol close to bedtime.